Friday, December 18, 2009

A small glass of water in the middle of this drought

It's really been a rough week and a half. Both literally and "web-rally." [Yes, I just made that word up. It's my blog, I'm allowed to do that.]

Let me explain.

I don't know if it's because these are the last few days leading up to Christmas... which might explain why I've had piles upon piles of work on my desk throughout the whole day, every day for the last few days. Then, to top it all off, I just now [literally 2 minutes ago, I kid you not] found out that the company where I interviewed for a potential job a few weeks ago was put on a hiring freeze... which means not only did I not get the job but NO ONE got the job. This job was at a better company with significantly better pay than what I make now, so, yeah, I'm pretty bummed out. I was referred by my roommate [she currently works at this company] and she kept telling me that she was 99.95% sure I had it in the bag. Of course she couldn't foresee that they would decide to put the company in a hiring freeze. So, that little bit of news pretty much blows. Not like a hard blow, but it still blows.

Just to add insult to injury, on top me just finding out about not getting the job and my workload being ball-bustingly busy for the last several days, my one refuge every night after I get home from work has been frustratingly absent. I'm referring to my nightly ritual of reading about and looking at new photos of one Mr. Robert T. Pattinson. What was once a bulging levy just a mere weeks ago--a levy filled to the brim daily with new photos and news and interview video clips from the New Moon promotional tour back in November... or even way back in the summer when Rob was filming 'Remember Me' when we were flooded daily with many photos from the set... well, that levy that was once bursting at the seams has seemingly dried up. Which brings me to my invented word: "web-rally." It's been "web-rally" rough the last several days.

But that all changed. That faucet was turned on today... but only to just a small trickle.

Today's photo and news can hardly be considered anything close to New Moon Promotional Tour flooding or "Quick! Let's build us a Noah's Ark!" proportions. But it was a trickle. And after almost 2 weeks suffering from extreme thirst during the Rob Drought, I'll take that trickling faucet to fill up my glass and greedily gulp it down.

'Lo and behold the first new photo in more than a week that we were blessed with today:


Never before have I wanted to be a guitar in my entire life... until now. 
If I was that guitar, he could play with me with those fingers of his. UHHHHHHHH.... 

His fingers!! That stare!! His scruffy Beardward-beard!! 

*gulps down the glass of water, followed by a giant sigh of relief*

There, don't we feel better now? I know I do.

So the story behind this photo goes like this:

Lainey Gossip reported today that Robert Pattinson was seen at Norman's Rare Guitars yesterday. The above photo was found on their website. Yesterday Robsessed reported that Southern California's 99.5 KLOS Mark & Brian Christmas Show is auctioning off a Fender Telecaster signed by Rob to benefit The Midnight Mission, a charity that provides basic necessities for the homeless, including counseling, education, training and job placement. A great prize from a very deserving charity and cause.


Isn't it pretty?? It's even prettier with Rob's John HanCOCK [heh, heh, heh].

I've always had a thing for guitars. I've always wanted to buy a guitar and find someone to give me lessons on how to play it. Maybe an insanely high bidder could also get lessons from Rob thrown in with the guitar... *GASP!!!* [I'm a big dreamer. Go big or go home, I always say.]

If only I had the extra money to bid on this guitar... FYI, the starting bid on this guitar is $1,800. Extra money I don't and probably won't have anytime soon. *hmmpf!!* :(

Oh! to be wealthy and have an extra $1,800+ just lying around, just mere pocket change... Although if I could afford to bid on and win this guitar, I couldn't disclose to you everything I'd do with this guitar. I'd play with it, and then I'd play with it... if you catch my drift. ;)

*sigh* I do feel better. Not "Julie Andrews singing and twirling in a meadow on top of a mountain" better... more like "I've had a couple vodka-crans and now I'm feeling happier" better. And everyone knows that a couple vodka-crans makes the night just that much better.

Well, back to work tomorrow. The thought that will drive me through the next 3 work days is that by this time next week it will be Christmas Day and I will be with my family in San Diego. And that's something I can most definitely look forward to.

xoxo,
Sadie

PS--This is random but I wanted to share. Earlier tonight I learned a new word to describe myself: "Robtarded." Which describes me perfectly. I also learned the word "fuckhawtness." This word is used to describe Rob. Which describes him perfectly.

Now I'll use both words in a sentence: "I was rendered completely Robtarded when I beheld today's new photo of Rob holding a guitar. Both the guitar and Rob oozed fuckhawtness which permeated from my computer monitor."

Oooh, I'm good.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about the job, Sadie- I'm so sorry. I guess the only consolation really IS that NOBODY else got it either, meaning it had nothing to do with you, or your work, or your interview. I'm sure you would have gotten it had it not been for this economy. The other plus-side: you didn't NEED it, as in, you still have your job :)

    Also, if you have to come back from a Rob draught, this is the picture to do it with: owwww!! :D Here's to vodka, cheers, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aurora V :) You're the awesomest.

    Soooo we must speak soon about my upcoming birthday. Roomie and I were scheming earlier tonight about some really kick-ass plans. If you could make it, I would be totally and extremely excited. I know you'll be in Cali around that time... but methinks you'll be there in February. We'll chat and hash it out.

    ReplyDelete